Our client is one of the world’s largest coatings companies, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. Well-known and highly respected, this multinational Surface Coatings manufacturer, employs more than 40,000 people in more than 70 countries across the globe.
Based in Perth WA, this role will be reporting to the Business Manager of Australasia region. This senior role represents an exceptional opportunity for a driven and strategic Sales Manager.
As the successful candidate, your main objective will be tostrategically manage a sales team for Protective Coatings. You will achieve agreed targets and take a lead in defining specific goals for you and your team of eight direct reports. Your responsibilities will include analysis of future market trends, identification of significant business opportunities as well as development and execution of new sales strategies.
An important aspect of this position will be your ability to provide training in sales techniques to uncover customer needs and solve difficult applications.
Other Key Duties Include:
- Develop and integrate regional sales programs, implement promotions and manage costs
- Work with a Marketing Department to analyse future market trends and penetrate new markets
- Develop, plan, execute and monitor sales strategies in the marketplace securing achievement of expected result in the allocated region
- Plan, monitor and report on execution of major sales activities
- Identify potential problem areas and work on business development utilizing your sales team and your technical knowledge
- Provide input on price setting to carry out negotiations and input on demand forecast to operations for tactical use for strategic product planning
- Initiate and establish trustworthy and long-lasting customer relations by providing technical assistance and by participating in major customer events
- Lead by example by using and promoting all applicable corporate and site policies and procedures with regard to personal conduct and HSE standards
- Provide constructive feedback to your sales team – stimulate and manage to ensure all members perform to the best of their abilities
To be successful in your application you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Degree qualification and Sales Management experience OR many years experience in the Protective Coatings market with management responsibility
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and influencing skills
- 5-10 years minimum sales and management experience in protective coatings
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and develop appropriate strategies and relationships that deliver sales results within a diverse and challenging business climate
- Proven track of people management
- Development and execution of strategies, including planning and implementation of various initiatives
- Proven track record of creating and maintaining customer relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously but as an integral part of an extended team
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel within the Australasian region regularly
To apply for this role, please submit a targeted resume accompanied by a Letter of Application addressing the above selection criteria by using the “Apply Now” button below. To have a strictly confidential discussion about this role, please call Helen, or Jo 03 9516 0100 during office hours. After hours please feel free to call Helen on +61 438 620 434.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. As we receive a large number of applications every day, we can only contact short-listed candidates. If you do not receive a call from our Recruiters, then your details will remain on our database for future suitable roles.
To view other roles available please visit our websitewww.csexecutivegroup.com.