What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the every day (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
CS Executive Group will collect your personal and sensitive information for its own use and on behalf of other members of Starfare Images who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you, with your prior consent;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace incident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
We may disclose a candidate’s / employee’s personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related purpose. In all cases we will disclose information with your consent or if we are under a legal duty to do so.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to
- Potential and actual clients of CS Executive Group, with your permission;
- Referees provided by you;
- Other members of Starfare Images;
- Our superannuation fund;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions, which are set out in the Privacy Amendment Private Sector Act 2000, you have the right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal or sensitive information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are shown below. In some cases, we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Is your data secure?
We take care in ensuring that the information provided to us, both hard and soft copy remains confidential and secure. On request by a candidate or when candidate information has been retained for more than 1 year, personal information will be destroyed via secure methods such as shredding or pulping.
CS Executive Group does not use Government identifiers as its own identifiers.
Due to the nature of our business, personal information is required by all candidates and clients of CS Executive Group.
Transborder Data Flows
Information is not disclosed to individuals or organisations outside of Australia without the person’s knowledge and consent.
Sensitive information will only be collected if required by law or required as part of the recruitment procedure for particular jobs e.g. health assessment, and only with the candidate’s consent.
How to contact us
This policy is available to all via our website, provided at interview or on request. Our contact details are:
The Privacy Co-ordinator
(03) 9516 0100
during normal office hours which are Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm.